Tuesday 6 December 2011

Film Inspiration

The Last House on The Left 
As I am going for the thriller genre - I don't know what my specific inspiration was - but I had a few (scarring) images in my brain from films such as The Last House on the Left.  A film like that leaves you disturbed and haunted by such an idea.  I want to depict the Thriller genre well and effectively - making the leave with the image with them.  The Last House on The Left (2009) directed by Dennis Illiadis being the remake of Wes Cravens' 1972 original.  Watching this film; I personally was horrified at the violence and how uncomfortable it makes you feel knowing that you cannot even be safe in your own home. Distributed by Rogue pictures, it grossed $45 million worldwide. The plot revolves around the kidnapping and brutally assaulting of two young women, a gang led by a prison escapee unknowingly finds refuge at a vacation home belonging the parents of one of the victims -- a mother and father who devise an increasingly gruesome series of revenge tactics.

The film has gruesome forest scenes which I would like to be inspired by in the flashback of my film idea's life.  It is one of those films that may not be watched again being so horrifically gruesome and scary but I think that is what makes it intriguing to an audience with such an effective dark mise-en-scene.  The narrative builds up slowly with not too much being given away directly as we begin to get to know that characters.

The Last House on The Left - Trailer 



Murderer's at the lake

No comments:

Post a Comment