Sunday 15 April 2012

Evaluation - Part 6

What have you learnt about technologies from the process of constructing this product? 


Adobe Premiere Pro
I have learnt a lot about how to use technology in the process of my film-making which included using new programmes that I honestly had not used before.  The process of constructing my product did take a while whilst I finally got to grips with using software such as Adobe Premiere Pro - but everyone struggles at first. 
  • First of all - Adobe Photoshop was used so I could design the logo for my ident/ production company after important the original sketch.  I had used Photoshop before therefore I knew what I was doing and made the effective iris design through manipulation of the colours and using a smudging tool to swirl it round.  
  • Adobe After Effects was the software used to create the production ident after creating practice title sequences such as the Teletubbies and other opening sequences from imagination that use the blur tool and animation; I had gained experience and could then go on to create my production ident for 'Phantasm Films'.  After playing around on the software I learnt how to use it properly setting stopwatches where certain animation would appear and end.  For example I learnt how to make an effective title with technology like this creating noise on a composition that is animated and reversing a blurred effect and bringing it into focus after the set time - adding in effective audio.
  • Adobe Premiere Pro was difficult to begin with but once I started using it to edit many of the class-room tasks such as the Preliminary Task, the recreating of a film opening (Hangover) and the 'Genre' documentary.  I was learning how to edit footage by cropping it and piecing it together, using tools to rotate or change the scale of the image and adding audio/ changing audio levels.  I applied those skills into making and editing the final production and inserting the suitable audio where needed.  I also imported the Production ident from After Effects; rendering the footage as I go along for the effects to be applied.
  • I also used iTunes to import downloaded audio into the Premiere pro project when constructing the final product.  
  • I was capable of using the Canon Camcorder to film the footage using the tripod having done previous photography before - knowing therefore what settings should be applied in what situations; therefore I had no trouble filming for the final product.  The camera was simple to use and produced high quality footage, with clear audio. 

No comments:

Post a Comment