Tuesday 3 April 2012

Audience Feedback

After showing the class my final product; I was given anonymous feedback with positive remarks and constructive critisism. I was told by a lot of the students that it was very effctive and that I had succeeded in achieving the thriller genre; a lot of the audience were generally scared by the suspense built in the 2 minute opening. I was also complimented on varied and artistic shot choices and music that helped build suspense.  A lot of people also liked the ident.  Constructive criticism suggested that there was trouble with the audio in a certain area (where it comes on too strong) and that the titling was difficult to read at times.  Certain feedback claimed that they felt too little happened - but really?  Isn't it only the two minute opening of a film?  I didn't feel the need to rush the whole plot of the film into those two minutes - I wanted to slowly create suspense.  

Here is some of the feed-back that I received.  


"Really eerie.  Which I'm guessing you were going for.  Arty shots are really cool.  Nice lighting.  Only the audio was a problem.  AWESOME"

"Very artistic, love it! Particularly like the scene with the tap-dripping.  Some of the titling was difficult to read at times but not a major problem! :) Final scene is very effective - good job ;)"

" REALLY very effective opening and genuinely artistic.  Everything was very subtle, which was really refreshing from the action of other people's.  Very scary and the music was actually terrifying."

"Credits and ident work really effectively.  The contrast of sound and silence work really well together and it depicts the genre really successfully!"

"Good ident.  Works well as an opening sequence as it doesn't give too much away.  Good music that fits in - really good!"

"I thought it was really good.  Only thing sometimes the titles went too fast to read, apart from that I really liked it.  I liked the tap."

"Really good + clear shot-use.  Not that much happened?? But I really liked it, was all very effective."



Overall I was happy with the comments that I received - small errors can easily be fixed and I shouldn't think they wreck my production efforts.  

No comments:

Post a Comment